Today I want to share a mother's day card.
A card I made for my mom.
I features Die-Cutting Inlay Watercoloring, and basically is a technique that you die cut the shapes, watercolor them and piece them back together!
1. Trim to size the front panel of the card - a piece of watercolor paper
2. Place the dies and run them through your die cutting machine. I used that AMAZING set from Sizzix.
3. Using distress inks, water and a paint brush, watercolor the pieces. For my card, I used Mustard seed and Peacock feathers for the flowers and Pumice stone for the leaves.
4. Adhere the piece on a piece of typing paper and then adhere the watercolored pieces back in place.
5. Die cut the hello sentiment, a die from Wplus9 you can find here.
6. Adhere the panel with the watercolored die cuts on the card, then adhere the hello greeting on top and stamp the mother word with black ink. The stamp is partially inked and it is from this set from Clearly Besotted.
7. Decorate with gems and sequins. Cover the hello greeting in Wink of stella black marker to give it some shine.
Tip: Because of the die cutting you might have an imperfect impression when you stamp the word mother, so if that happens use a super fine black marker to fix the bad stamping!
Happy Mother's Day