Friday, June 15, 2012

ONLINE INSPIRATION JUNE 2012 - Good Friends Frame

Hello !
Its the 15th of the month (time goes by sooo fast....) and it is time again for an online inspiration tutorial!
This month I decided to make a frame. The inspiration comes from Echo Park Times and Seasons Collection - nice patterns, nice masculine colors....
Lets go !








1. The frame I am using is 13cm x 18cm with white frame.


2. Using the Tim Holtz Chip Block die and my Sizzix Big Shot (with lots of patience...) I cut the letters for my sentiment : GOOD FRIENDS MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER.


3. In order to make the background, I cut several strips of the papers of the collection.


4. I've used the white sheet that was inside the frame, and I adhered the strips on the diagonal using double sided tape. Then I cut the excess.


5. Now the difficult part. I got a  piece of kraft paper.


Using Glossy Accents, I adhered the letters.
Starting from the longest word (in this case the word friends) and based on that I started adhering the letters in the center of the kraft card stock.
(It is really helpful if you arrange the letters on your work area first in order to have an idea about spacing and avoid misplacing the letters.)


Then I cut the craft piece to the desired size and I went around with a white gel pen and I did some dashed lines...


Because I had marks of the Glossy Accents showing around some letters :-(  I decided to go over the piece with Claudine Helmuth Matte Multi Medium with a brush. It worked! The glossy accents marks disappeared...


6. Time for the assembly!


Using some strong glue I adhered the piece with the letters on top of the diagonal background I created, and I placed the piece in the frame.


7. For some fun, I scattered some gems.




Hope you like it!


You can take a look on this AWSOME  collection from ECHO PARK....
(Honestly - all their collections are soooo nice - can't get enough...)


George

No comments:

Post a Comment