Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas :-)

Merry Christmas everyone !!!!

Just a quick share, a christmas tree ornament I made few days ago... 
I love the Caged bird Sizzix bigz die from Tim Holtz, with which I cut a piece of chipboard covered with fabric!
The bird was cut from grungeboard - I like how distress inks work with it so well. So after I inked the bird with broken china, peacock feathers and salty ocean, I added some touches of walnut stain around the edges. After was completely dry, I applied a THICK layer of clear rock candy distress crackle paint and let it dry on its own. To intensify the cracks, I went over with a blending tool and some walnut stain distress ink...
The back of the birdcage is covered with a piece of acetate, stamped with white Stazon Ink.
Simple, even though it needs some time to put it together is totally worth it :-)



And here is another one - in red ! The cage was covered with vintage book paper - and lightly inked with brushed pewter distress stain - nice metallic effect! Here the bird was inked with festive berries and fired brick distress inks !



Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

George x


5 comments: