Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DoCrafts March Goody Bag - Inspiration by George Panayiotou @ Stitches, stitching and craft supplies

Hello hello!

I am here to share some cards I made using the March 2013 DoCrafts goody bag that just arrived in the store, along with hundreds of new supplies! You have to check them out!




Here are the projects I made.... 


BON VOYAGE CARD




Navy look is such a trend right now....getting inspiration from that I made the card above!
1. Cut 1cm stripes of red card stock and adhere with double sided tape onto a white card (standard size)
2. Cut in half the tag from the 'Travel Labels' pack that is in the goody bag, punch a hole on the top, feed some twine  and tie a knot. 
3. Cut the words 'Bon Voyage' from a paper of the 6x6 pad and adhere in the middle. 
4. Use some foam adhesive to adhere the tag in the center of the card.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU CARD


On that card, I did a technique called 'paper weaving'. An effective technique for using paper and giving a totally different look.
1. Cut the papers form the decoupage pack that is in the goody bag in different widths and weave together. Adhere the weaved piece with a glue stick on some white card stock, let it dry and trim to size to create the center piece of the card. 
2. Die-cut 2 hearts using some vellum, layer them together and glue them in the center of the piece. Hide the adhesive behind the sentiment strip.
3. Print out using lightweight card stock, my Digital stamps volume 2, trim the banner and adhere using some foam adhesive. 
4. Punch out some small hearts from the pattern papers and scatter them around along with some pearls.
5. Cover all the tiny hearts with glossy accents! You can see the shine after they dry!


YOU MEAN THE WORLD TO ME CARD



This is my favorite of all! 
I simply stamped twice the 'All aboard-Map' stamp that is in the goody bag with Versamark Ink, White embossed it and with my ink blending tool, I applied some Peacock feathers and Mowed lawn distress inks.
Then I cut the strip from my digital stamps vol.2 'you mean the world to me', adhered it in the middle, I punched a red heart for contrast and I glued it with foam adhesive. Then I covered the heart with glossy accents, and mount the piece onto a black top-folded card.


And finally, something different!

FELT HAIR CLIPS


Some hair clips for the cute little girls in our lives!


In the goody bag, there is a 'Felt heart strip', hearts are attached with a long piece of ribbon. I cut the ribbon, removed it and I got the hearts. 


What I did, is that I used some of the felt hearts, and adhered them with hot glue on some hair clips I bought (some cheap ones).
I used some ribbon, buttons and pearls for the center! Simple and easy!
And if you have no need for hair clips, you can skip the clip and adhere it on a card! It makes a great embellishment!

Like here...


I've used some Distress Ink in picked raspberry and some water, mixed it and using a brush, I created splatters of ink in the card base.
After letting it dry, I adhered a piece of ribbon in the center, 2 consecutive circles that I die-cut using my die-cutting machine, one in kraft and one in white.
Finally I adhered the hearts in the center with glossy accents and then I finished the card with a white button and some twine! 

Check the goody bag here:

Hope that inspires you to create!
Happy Crafting and thanks for stopping by!

George x

2 comments:

  1. George, your cards incredible!! I love your CAS style and the creativity of your designs. I've nominate you and your blog for a Liebster Award. Please visit my blog @ http://stampandink.blogspot.com/2013/04/liebster-award.html for more info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa you made my day :-)
    Thank you so much for your kind comment and the award of course!

    ReplyDelete