Monday, August 18, 2014

Happy Birthday - Watercolor Flower + Faux Letterpress with Gold Ink


Hello!
Today I am sharing a card I made a while ago. A nice bright floral card....

For the background I used the 'Lattice stencil by Tim Holtz', which I inked with 'Gold Galaxy Brilliance ink' and I run it with a piece of smooth white card stock through my 'Sizzix big shot machine'. I used the embossing folder tab, with an embossing mat. Magical! Reminds me of letterpress! 
The gorgeous flower is a stamp from 'Lil' Inker - Modern Mehndi Stamps' which I heat embossed in white and applied some distress inks using a little water to spread out the color and create a watercolor look. After cutting them, I stamped and heat embossed in white the greeting HAPPY BIRTHDAY  from ' My Favorite things - Airplane Greetings' (which is a set that I think it retired). 
I glued everything on a standard size card and I used some pearls and sequins for some added fun!

I hope you like it :-)


George












1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I love the letterpress effect! So glad I discovered your blog... I love your work!

    ReplyDelete